From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Moving some packages around
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 02:34:05
1 On Mon, 12 May 2008 02:58:55 +0200
2 flameeyes@×××××.com (Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò) wrote:
3
4 > - bison and flex should get out of the system package set, what
5 > clearer than moving them out of sys-*?
6
7 "system" and the sys-* categories don't have much of a relationsship,
8 so that's no argument IMO.
9
10 > Yes these are a lot of moves, sincerely I think sys-* categories are a
11 > bit bloated as they are, and I suppose we should start moving the
12 > things around rather than waiting forever ad ever..
13
14 I don't consider that to be a valid reason when looking at the
15 following numbers:
16
17 $ ls -1 /srv/portage/porttree/dev-util/ |wc -l
18 265
19 $ ls -1 /srv/portage/porttree/sys-devel/ |wc -l
20 41
21
22 ~40 packages isn't much for any category, if you really want to
23 relocate packages you could just as well eliminate the entire category.
24
25 Marius
26 --
27 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list