From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Last-rites: media-video/2mandvd
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2018 20:07:19
1 Andreas Sturmlechner posted on Tue, 09 Jan 2018 02:49:27 +0100 as
2 excerpted:
3
4 > # Andreas Sturmlechner <asturm@g.o> (09 Jan 2018)
5 > # Dead upstream, depends on dead Qt4.
6 > # Bug #643976. Masked for removal in 30 days.
7 > media-video/2mandvd
8
9 Is there a timetable for the "dead" qt4 removal yet?
10
11 Where will it go when removed, kde-sunset, graveyard, or...?
12
13 I'm asking because I still run the not in-tree any longer superkaramba,
14 which wasn't ported to kde-frameworks5/qt5. That's the only package
15 (beyond a handful of kde4 packages and use-flag-triggers on other
16 packages supporting it) I have still depending on qt4, so a timetable as
17 to qt4 removal giving me some idea how long I have to find, install and
18 configure an alternative, and an idea where I'll be looking for it if I
19 don't get that conversion done by then, would be very useful.
24 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman