From: Thilo Bangert <thilo.bangert@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] bad stage1-ix86-1.1-r1.tbz2 ?
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 12:17:21
1 On Monday, 8. April 2002 13:05, you wrote:
2 > Hello everybody,
3 >
4 > I just tried to build a new gentoo system using the new
5 > stage1-ix86-1.1-r1, but after decrompressing it, there is just a
6 > .keep file under /usr/portage, nothing else.
7 >
8 > Have I missed something, or is this a bug ?
9
10 you have missed something. if you read the docs, it will tell you to do
11 # emerge sync
12
13 an voila - you'll have portage tree ;-)
14
15 BTW, perhaps gentoo-{newbies|user} would be a more suited forum for
16 this kind of question
19 > Thanks a lot for this *great* distribution !
20 >
21 > Pascal Grossé
24 regards
25 Thilo