From: Nattfodd <Nattfodd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: www-redesign@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] status of http://wwwredesign.gentoo.org
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:11:34
1 Curtis Napier wrote:
2
3 > This has been cross posted to gentoo-dev and www-redesign.
4 >
5 > http://wwwredesign.gentoo.org
6 >
7 > After receiving a ton of very useful feedback from the developer
8 > community I have updated the redesign. It should now be closer to 100%
9 > accessible and it should (hopefully) render perfectly in all browsers
10 > including text only browsers. It now passes XHTML and CSS validation
11 > tests.
12 >
13 > I'm asking for everyone (developers and users alike) to please have a
14 > look at the updated site and send any feedback you may have. I'm
15 > especially interested in feedback from anyone who uses accessibilty
16 > programs such as screen readers or if you are color blind or have any
17 > other accessibilty issues.
18 >
19 > Also, I only use GNU/Linux and I have only tested on the following
20 > browsers:
21 >
22 > Mozilla-1.7
23 > firefox-1.0
24 > Opera-8.5
25 > Internet Explorer-6 under CrossOver Office
26 > Epiphany-1.8.2
27 > Links-2.1 in text mode and graphics mode.
28 >
29 > If you have access to a Macintosh, Windows, *BSD or any other OS or
30 > Browser please test the site and include your OS and the browser
31 > version in your feedback. I haven't received feedback from Konqueror
32 > or Safari so feedback from those browsers would be much appreciated.
33 >
34 > The only major outstanding issue is the contents of the menu in the
35 > grey bar at the top and what should appear in the 5 purple boxes
36 > directly under them. Currently I have that menu listed in order of
37 > what a new Gentoo user would need to access first. If you have a
38 > better idea of what should be included in this menu or think something
39 > important is being left out please send that in your feedback as well.
40 >
41 > Thanks in advance
42 >
43 > Curtis
44
45 Hi,
46 it shouldn't be a big surprise, but it renders fine with both
47 firefox-1.5-rc1 (Deer Park) and lynx-2.8.5, on a gentoo/linux box.
48
49 Regards,
50 Alexandre
51 --