From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: glep@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] glep 42 (news) round six
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 04:18:36
1 Here we go again... Changes:
2
3 * We're now supporting overlays, multiple repositories and magic flying
4 chickens. To do this, we're shoving a whole load of new requirements
5 onto Portage. Said requirements are documented under `Required Portage
6 Enhancements`_. I now expect to get heavily flamed by a different set
7 of Portage developers.
8
9 * Allow underscores in names too.
10
11 * Change to yyyy-mm-dd for GLEP 45 compatibility. Rereremove the
12 timestamp on the Posted: header.
13
14 * Tweak Display-If-{Profile,Installed} to work with multiple
15 repositories.
16
17 * Use ${repoid} rather than magic-chicken for news-*.* files.
18
19 * Be specific on how news-repoid.skip can work.
20
21 You are encouraged to reply to this thread saying "I agree with ciaranm
22 that repository IDs should not be allowed to contain spaces".
23
24 We're getting there... Slowly...
27 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (I can kill you with my brain)
28 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
29 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm

glep-0042.txt text/plain