From: Jason Huebel <jhuebel@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-core@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] A Whole Gaggle O' New Devs!
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 23:01:57
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 Well, RL work has kept me so busy, I've neglected to announce a whole load of
5 new devs that have joined the team! *sigh*
6
7 Philippe Trottier (tchiwam):
8 ===
9 tchiwam tells me he lives somewhere inside the polar circle in Finland (he
10 even provided coordinates!). Must be cold. All the more reason to stay
11 inside and do something useful-- like Gentoo hacking! :-)
12
13 Anyway, tchiwam joins us to help out with ppc64. He's got experience in all
14 the various popular programming languages, though he lists a few as being
15 "rusty" at them. :-) His interests include sled dogs, cutting wood, fixing
16 trucks, driving across continents, photography and animal care.
17
18 Olivier Fisette (ribosome):
19 ===
20 ribosome hails from Quebec City, Quebec, Canada and has an interest in
21 bioinformatics and molecular biology software. He'll be pitching in to help
22 maintain those ebuilds for Gentoo. He's also been busy working on the French
23 translation of the Gentoo Handbook. Yay! Gentoo is the first FOSS project
24 that he's contributed to, so be gentle. :-)
25
26 Other than manipulating human biology and Gentoo, ribosome is also an avid
27 reader-- philosophy, webcomics, novels, you name it. He also enjoys
28 classical music and badminton.
29
30 Robb Romans (killsoft):
31 ===
32 killsoft joins us from Austin, TX (yay! another Texan!) where he works in the
33 IBM Linux Technology Center. His areas of responsibility there include
34 embedded systems and security. In his spare time, he's an amateur radio
35 enthusiast with the call-sign KD5SQF. He's also the VP of the W5IBM Amateur
36 Radio Club. He's also a pilot! Nifty. killsoft will be helping maintain the
37 media-radio ebuilds.
38
39 Elizabeth Blackwell (LizB):
40 ===
41
42 And finally, everybody welcome Liz from Colorado. She will be helping out
43 with documentation for the Gentoo/PPC. Liz tells me she's been using Linux
44 for 7 years now! She's "fairly good" at Perl and will be learning Java soon.
45 She just graduated from high school and is moving on to college soon.
46
47 Personal interests include the trombone, though she has moved on to the bass
48 clarinet, bass trombone, and baritone sax. She also left me with this quote
49 at the end of my interview of her:
50
51 "The trouble with computers is that they're very sophisticated idiots." - The
52 Doctor (#4), Doctor Who
53
54 Anyway, welcome the new devs!
55
56 - --
57 Jason Huebel
58 Gentoo/amd64 Strategic Lead
59 Gentoo Developer Relations/Recruiter
60
61 GPG Public Key:
62 http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x9BA9E230
63
64 "Do not weep; do not wax indignant. Understand."
65 Baruch Spinoza (1632 - 1677)
75 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list