From: Jason Huebel <jhuebel@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-core@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] A Whole Gaggle O' New Devs!
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 23:01:57

Well, RL work has kept me so busy, I've neglected to announce a whole load of
new devs that have joined the team! *sigh*

Philippe Trottier (tchiwam):
===
tchiwam tells me he lives somewhere inside the polar circle in Finland (he
even provided coordinates!).  Must be cold.  All the more reason to stay
inside and do something useful-- like Gentoo hacking! :-)

Anyway, tchiwam joins us to help out with ppc64. He's got experience in all
the various popular programming languages, though he lists a few as being
"rusty" at them. :-)  His interests include sled dogs, cutting wood, fixing
trucks, driving across continents, photography and animal care.

Olivier Fisette (ribosome):
===
ribosome hails from Quebec City, Quebec, Canada and has an interest in
bioinformatics and molecular biology software.  He'll be pitching in to help
maintain those ebuilds for Gentoo.  He's also been busy working on the French
translation of the Gentoo Handbook. Yay!  Gentoo is the first FOSS project
that he's contributed to, so be gentle. :-)

Other than manipulating human biology and Gentoo, ribosome is also an avid
reader-- philosophy, webcomics, novels, you name it.  He also enjoys
classical music and badminton.

Robb Romans (killsoft):
===
killsoft joins us from Austin, TX (yay! another Texan!) where he works in the
IBM Linux Technology Center.  His areas of responsibility there include
embedded systems and security.  In his spare time, he's an amateur radio
enthusiast with the call-sign KD5SQF. He's also the VP of the W5IBM Amateur
Radio Club.  He's also a pilot! Nifty.  killsoft will be helping maintain the
media-radio ebuilds.

Elizabeth Blackwell (LizB):
===

And finally, everybody welcome Liz from Colorado.  She will be helping out
with documentation for the Gentoo/PPC.  Liz tells me she's been using Linux
for 7 years now!  She's "fairly good" at Perl and will be learning Java soon.
She just graduated from high school and is moving on to college soon.

Personal interests include the trombone, though she has moved on to the bass
clarinet, bass trombone, and baritone sax.  She also left me with this quote
at the end of my interview of her:

"The trouble with computers is that they're very sophisticated idiots." - The
Doctor (#4), Doctor Who

Anyway, welcome the new devs!

- --
Jason Huebel
Gentoo/amd64 Strategic Lead
Gentoo Developer Relations/Recruiter

GPG Public Key:
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x9BA9E230

"Do not weep; do not wax indignant. Understand."
Baruch Spinoza (1632 - 1677)