From: jano <jano@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Info warnings fixed (for now)
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 10:33:13
1 ---FYI---
2
3 -
4 neither version of gdbm would emerge emerge, appears to be a "" problem
5 with new portage system; had to change the "make" line from:try make CFLAGS=\"${CFLAGS} -fomit-frame-pointer\" ${MAKEOPTS}
6 to:
7 try make "CFLAGS=${CFLAGS} -fomit-frame-pointer ${MAKEOPTS}"
8
9 #(note, you NEED the quotes around the make options for some reason)
10
11 -
12 bc-r2 needs a digest
13 info problem still persists
14
15 -
16 which-r2, ed-r2, diffutils-r4, sharutils-r4 all need a digest
17
18 -
19 util-linux-r2 needs a digest; woudln't compiile in original fashion, so I
20 changed the make line:from:
21 try make LDFLAGS=\"\"
22 to:
23 try make ${MAKEOPTS} LDFLAGS=""
24 # (-j2 works for me!)
27 screen still has an info problem. Unfortunatley, I know nothing about
28 info files, so sorry I did not attach a patch.I also get this:
29 install-info: menu item `Readline' already exists, for file `readline'
30 ???
31
32 Hope I was helpful.
35 > Tired of all those info warnings every time you emerge? Then update
36 > your portage tree after 8pm EST (Aug-3-01)and emerge the latest gzip,
37 > gdbm, bc, which, sharutils, util-linux, ed, and diffutils. If you are
38 > keeping track, that leaves one more warning about readline. I haven't
39 > figured that one out yet, so it will still be there.
40 >
41 > Chad (chadh)
42 >
43 > P.S. I went ahead and committed these simple changes, but if these are
44 > your packages, feel free to check them out and make sure I did not
45 > break anything.
49 > gentoo-dev mailing list
50 > gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org