From: Ionen Wolkens <ionen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Feature request: auto-CC for bugs modified via commit tags
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 22:13:24
1 On Tue, Jan 25, 2022 at 12:00:30PM -0500, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > Can I request that Bug: and Closes: tags in our commits automatically
3 > CC the committer on the bug that is modified?
4 >
5 > Use case: I often fix (sci-*) bugs that I'm not CCed on, and a user
6 > will leave a comment like "it still crashes on x86" that I never see.
7 > Of course, I could manually CC myself on every bug. But that will send
8 > everyone an extra email, and is forgettable. Plus, avoiding the manual
9 > step is kind of the point of the automation, right?
10 >
11 > One potential downside is that the commit author could wind up CCed
12 > twice via an alias, but that could be solved with a sufficiently clever
13 > implementation. Or disregarded if it's not too much of a problem in
14 > practice; the bugs will usually be closed, after all.
15
16 +1
17
18 Even in case of projects where I'd already get mail, I treat CC
19 specially in filters to try to not miss it. esp relevant on some
20 noisy aliases like proxy-maint@
21
22 /If/ some aren't happy at the idea, maybe there could be a opt-out
23 feature that'd be adjustable on d.g.o? (having some of these automated
24 things be configurable could be something to think about either way).
27 ionen