From: "Herb Miller Jr." <gentooherb@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Begin a dev-libs/nodejs category?
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 11:51:14
1 When I did my homework on creating nodejs ebuilds (not nodejs itself but
2 packages written in node), it seems the topic has come up a few times in
3 the past but the time commitment and general disorganization of upstream
4 has scared off any serious attempts at packaging.
5
6 Seeing as there has been interest in nodejs packages, and in the end we
7 could be talking 400-600+ packages, would it be possible to create
8 dev-libs/nodejs category? I would be happy to write and proxy-maintain
9 ebuilds for a large number of them to get things in motion. I've already
10 opened pull request #7427 [1] for chalk and its dependencies. I'm aiming
11 to build up to all the dependencies needed for Visual Studio Code OSS.
12
13 [1]:https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/7427
14
15 ----