From: Christophe Vanfleteren <cDOTvanfleteren_Removeme_@×××××××.be>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Problem's with rsync
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 13:50:14
1 On Monday 06 May 2002 20:20, Brian Sands wrote:
2 > Hello All,
3 > I'm in the middle of re-installing Gentoo, and I'm getting a strange error
4 > while trying to emerge rsync. Any idea or has anyone seen this before? I
5 > guess I'm wondering if this is a problem on my side or if it's a server
6 > side issue. starting rsync with rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage...
7 > rsync: getaddrinfo: rsync.gentoo.org 873: Temporary failure in name
8 > resolution rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(97)
9 >
10 > Ciao
11
12 Did you copy the resolv.conf file to the chroot /etc dir?
13 Are the nameservers filled in correctly?
16 Christophe Vanfleteren