From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP ??: Critical News Reporting
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 14:28:37
1 On Fri, 2005-11-04 at 10:06 +0100, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > I expect the average user to make a nice printout of the handbook. The
3 > print version of the handbook was provided mainly on user request you
4 > know. It also works a lot easier than either flipping screens to
5 > links/lynx all the time or running up and down to another computer (if
6 > available).
7
8 I think everyone has also missed that there *is* the ability to install
9 Gentoo completely offline. I've done it before on a laptop without any
10 Internet access, besides doing it for QA during releases.
11
12 We do not expect the user to have a web browser, broadband, or Internet
13 access of any kind to perform an installation. Using the installation
14 documents as an example of "requiring a web browser" is asinine.
17 Chris Gianelloni
18 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
19 x86 Architecture Team
20 Games - Developer