From: Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: AT emerge info cruft > attachments on bugs.g.o
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 11:17:32
1 Jeroen Roovers wrote:
2 > On a minor note, I'd also like to see bug reporters use canonical
3 > package names in bug descriptions, including the category (and
4 > preferably the specific version, not some >=foo-3*!!!one, not to
5 > mention specifying no version at all). Including the category means
6 > arch devs won't need to guess/discover which of a few hundred categories
7 > a package is meant to reside in.
8
9 First off, I second that. Second, here's how you still get where you
10 want without looking up the category:
11
12 $ cd gentoo-x86/*/foo
13
14 This of course doesn't work if there are multiple packages with the same
15 name in different categories, but if a package maintainer doesn't
16 specify the category in such a case, he should be hit anyway ;P
19 Kind Regards,
20
21 Simon Stelling
22 Gentoo/AMD64 Developer