From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] trouble with make_desktop_entry
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 02:21:37
1 On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 21:54:41 -0400
2 Mike Frysinger wrote:
3
4 > On Sunday 28 August 2005 09:42 pm, Nick Rout wrote:
5 > > 1. the resulting desktop file is called laby-laby.desktop rather than
6 > > just laby.desktop
7 >
8 > the name doesnt matter just ignore it
9
10 OK
13 > > 2. the "Comment" in the desktop file says "Comment=Based on the eutils
14 > > eclass"
15 >
16 > your ebuild is using 'inherit' incorrectly
17
18 Got you, in fact I had the eclasses howto (http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?part=2&chap=2)
19 open as I got your message and see that "The contents of the eclass will be sourced at this point."
20
21 All makes sense now, I moved the inherit line to the top (below the header)
22 and all is fine.
23
24 Thanks for your help. ebuilds look easyish when you first look at them,
25 but actually writing even a small one requires a lot of learning. Like a
26 lot of code, easier to muddle your way through "what this file does"
27 than "make one yourself".
28
29 Thanks for continuing to make the system so powerful boys and girls.
30
31 > -mike
32 > --
33 > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list