From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] UTF-8 locale by default
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 18:22:58
1 On 01/08/2012 23:42, Fabian Groffen wrote:
2 > Honestly, if some asian person has whatever charset that I often find in
3 > spam messages, but is not UTF-8, are you then going to tell that person
4 > to switch to UTF-8 to get those python packages emerged? I hope not.
5
6 Tell that to the Python team I guess. My tinderbox _has_ utf8 locales
7 available, but doesn't set in by default -> Python stuff fails to build
8 or test -> not going to be fixed with "change your locale" reasoning.
9
10 Is it mental? Yes.
11 Would I like that to change? Yes.
12 Do I care ẃhether that's through the use of cluebyfour on the Python
13 team or by setting an utf-8 locale by default? Not in the least.
16 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
17 flameeyes@×××××××××.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/