From: Bret Towe <magnade@×××××.com>
To: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Compaq Presario 905 AU with ATI IGP 320M video
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 23:06:03
1 i have a emachines m5310 that has a ati igp 320m
2 it does work fine in linux it has some accerlated 3d
3 but from what i hear its missing some compression thing that reduces
4 the amount of stuff that has to be transfered from ram which helps
5 with large textures i guess and it does show in celestia
6 it is better with 'accelerated 3d' than with software gl anyhow
7
8 dont expect to play ut2k3 in linux lets put it that way for now
9 (somewhat playable in xp with latest drivers btw)