From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Mivz <mivz@×××××××××××××.net>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] unicode and userlocales useflag
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 22:36:13
1 On Thursday 22 June 2006 09:11, Mivz wrote:
2 > Now some few updates later, I get errors for missing locales.
3 > But I have my LINGUAS configured right.
4 > Now I noticed the new /etc/locales.build wich I configured.
5 > But nothing changed.
6
7 for people who never setup locales.build and had USE=-userlocales, upgrading
8 the new glibc-2.3.6-r4 would have left them with a small set of locales (the
9 default that always existed in locales.build)
10
11 ive tweaked the logic in locale-gen to not use the default locales.build file
12 when they have USE=-userlocales and instead generate all locales by default
13
14 > probably because NL_nl.UTF-8 is not build anymore?
15 >
16 > But, my LINGUAS has only "nl en",
17 > why do I have de, es, fa, fr, it and ja locales and not nl?
18
19 LINGUAS has nothing to do with the locales generated by glibc
20
21 edit the /etc/locale.gen file and then run `locale-gen` and you should be all
22 set
23
24 also, not to be an asshole, but this thread really should have been on
25 gentoo-user
26 -mike