From: Francesco Riosa <francesco@×××××××××.it>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] mysql-4.1.12 call for testers
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 13:53:08
1 Lance Albertson wrote:
2
3 >Robin H. Johnson wrote:
7 >>Many thanks to Francesco Riosa <BastianBalthazarBux@×××××××××.it> for his hard
8 >>work in dealing with MySQL-4.1. He's joining Gentoo soon as a new developer to
9 >>help maintain MySQL for the 4.1 and 5.0 series, and hopefully also providing a
10 >>package for the official MySQL AB binaries.
14 >Great work! I used his 4.1.11 ebuild recently and everything seems to work
15 >pretty well. I'll see if I can try the 4.1.12 ebuild soon. Upgrades within the
16 >4.1.x series shouldn't be painful right?
17 >
18 >Cheers,
22 Thanks to Robin before, he has guided me and solved issues that have
23 been there for month before.
24 That sayd, never ever "emerge sync" has been happier for me, and also
25 have the mail filled of closed bug reports isn't that bad ;)
26
27 To answer you Lance, yes upgrading from a version best than 4.1.4 should
28 be straight, with 4.1.0 .. 4.1.4 better consider to unload to be on the
29 safe side.
30
31 Francesco
34 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list