From: Michael Crute <mcrute@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo Lists <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Keep Sunrise... But not Here
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 14:00:35
1 Sorry to start yet another thread on this but all the others seem to
2 have just turned into a shouting match among developers... and sorry
3 if this has already been covered.
4
5 It seems that the most logical solution to the Sunrise "problem" is to
6 separate it from Gentoo... I know that there are other overlays out
7 there... why not simply make the Sunrise people use their own
8 infrastructure and support their project outside of Gentoo? I know of
9 a few websites that are far better qualified for space on Gentoo
10 infrastructure than Sunrise (gentoo-portage.com, gentoo-wiki.com). If
11 Sunrise becomes a wild success then I would take it back to the
12 council for re-inclusion into the Gentoo core, if it bombs nobody gets
13 hurt and it stops the shouting on the lists.
14
15 I think the council should temporarily block the project until it can
16 prove that it will stand on its own. Just as we expect developers to
17 prove their abilities before they join Gentoo, we should do the same
18 thing for projects like this.
19
20 Thoughts anyone?
21
22 -Mike
26 Michael E. Crute
27 http://mike.crute.org
28
29 I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended
30 up where I intended to be. --Douglas Adams
31 --
32 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list