From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] baselayout-1.11.12-r2 request for testers
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 15:58:32
1 On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 11:13 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Friday 27 May 2005 09:40 am, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 > > Where would the livecd say this?
4 >
5 > all the code i referenced was from inside baselayout ... and the livecd
6 > wouldnt do it, when you emerge baselayout with USE=livecd, the config file
7 > would be setup
8
9 OK... except we don't remerge baselayout anymore... it could be done, of
10 course...
11
12 > > Also, what if we *want* the livecd to check the volume addon modules?
13 >
14 > Not My Problem ? the volume code has *always* been disabled in baselayout for
15 > livecds, nothing is changing ... plus, the startup code is for people who
16 > have configured crap already ... you dont exactly have config files on a
17 > livecd for your volumes :p
18
19 Makes sense to me... I guess this doesn't have anything to do with the
20 volume scanning done on the livecd... I really don't understand what any
21 of the lvm/evms junk does anyway... and I'm sure you understand it much
22 better than I do, so I'll take your word for it... and if something
23 breaks, I know where to send the bugs... *grin*
26 Chris Gianelloni
28 Games - Developer
29 Gentoo Linux