From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] what's the correct format for bugs containing package name and version?
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 20:20:35
1 On 03/05/2015 03:03 PM, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 >
3 > I've settled on using a colon i.e. "jer format." If the bug references a
4 > specific version (range), then I use =, >=, etc. appropriately. In the
5 > case of stabilization bugs, I'd throw in the "=".
6 >
7 > So, (c).
10 Crap, I flipped a bit. I remembered that I used to use a hyphen and jer
11 would change it to a colons. In fact, it was the other way around. So
12 jer format is something like "%s - foo".
13
14 I guess I subconsciously reverted to using a colon because that's what
15 makes the most sense to me. But there is a little ambiguity with slots
16 in the package atom.
17
18 Maybe we should ask the bug wranglers team to come up with some
19 guidelines and stick them on the project page? Then we can do whatever
20 they prefer.