From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: AW: [gentoo-dev] Proposal for advanced useflag-syntax
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 15:26:39
1 Noack, Sebastian wrote:
2 >
3 > Is a need to have dozens of lines in your /etc/portage/package.use a
4 > simple approach? Maybe it is, if for you, simplicity means only "less
5 > number of lines of code in the core of the application". But wasn't you
6 > the one who told me that quantity isn't the same like complexity? Well
7 > you could say that only source code and scripts contain logic and
8 > therefore numbers of lines in the config files doesn't means complexity,
9 > but what do I do by the config files of portage actually? I use them for
10 > example to instruct portage to enable useflag A but not for ebuild and
11 > useflag B but just for ebuild b. Do you claim that this is no logic?
12
13 I claim that is simple and you should wait at least 24 h before posting
14 on -dev.
17 > That was never the point where "we" started. That was just the point,
18 > you used to confuse this discussion. The grandma scenario should just be
19 > a funny example for a requirement of such a advanced portage syntax I
20 > could really need on my own systems and I'm not female, but male and not
21 > 80 but 18 years old. ;)
22
23 Poor you.
24
25 > I know that my proposed syntax isn't a perfect solution. But I think the
26 > current state of portage isn't a perfect solution, too. And I hoped when
27 > I started this thread, that we will find together a good solution.
28
29 You can just write something like flagedit for your extreme uses.
30
31 lu
35 Luca Barbato
36