From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: Installation of static libraries, USE=static-libs proposal
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 16:43:39
1 Hi,
2
3 <snip>
4
5 I'm really curious to know why a new (global) useflag couldn't
6 do the trick.
7
8 Let's say, we introduce a new useflag called "static-libs" and
9 enable it by defaulin all profiles. Then we can have a look at
10 the lib packages step by step and add support when it seems
11 useful there and test out carefully. There's no presure to this
12 for the whole distro at once.
15 cu
16 --
18 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
20 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
21 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
22 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
23 http://patches.metux.de/
25 --
26 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list