From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: put new additions along with removals in GWN
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 20:51:36
1 On Wed, 2006-10-25 at 16:25 -0400, Caleb Cushing wrote:
2 > reporting additions of new programs aren't feasible? or are you
3 > referring to version updates and package bumps and such....
4
5 None of it is feasible if I'm left to do it by hand. I have much better
6 things to do (like actually add new packages) than try to keep track of
7 what everyone else is doing. The GWN takes a significant amount of time
8 as it is to put together. Any process that isn't automated is pretty
9 much out of the question due to time constraints.
12 Chris Gianelloni
13 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
14 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
15 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
16 Gentoo Foundation