From: Burton Samograd <kruhft@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] tmpfs not being mounted or mounted too late
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 23:14:27
1 On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 08:29:52PM -0700, Burton Samograd wrote:
2 > With the new kernel sources (gentoo-r7) it seems like /mnt/.init.d
3 > isn't being mounted properly or at the right time (or something else
4 > is going wrong). I don't get any warnings during the message about
5 > mounting it, but I get multiple warnings about symlinks not being
6 > created in /mnt/.init.d, although services seem to be starting ok.
7 > Anybody else have this problem and know how to solve it?
8
9 I noticed that in the install docs that either tmpfs or ramdisk
10 support should be compiled into the kernel so I tried with ramdisk as
11 well and the problem is still there.
12
13 I have no such problems with the gentoo-r5 sources that I ran
14 previously.
15
16 burton