From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Optimizing performance
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 17:34:35
1 On Thursday 15 December 2005 16:50, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Patrick Lauer wrote:
3 > | On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 07:43 -0700, Duncan wrote:
4 > |>This really belongs on user, or perhaps on the appropriate purposed list,
5 > |>desktop or hardened or whatever, not on devel. That said, some
6 > |>comments... (I can't resist. <g>)
7 > |
8 > | -user has the risk of many "use teh -fomglol flag, it si teh fast0r" ;-)
9 > | hardened doesn't have much to do with performance (although I'd be
10 > | interested what impact - if any - the different security features have!)
11 >
12 > ~From http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/lists.xml --
13 >
14 > gentoo-performance Discussions about improving the performance of Gentoo
15 >
16 > Although it was a bit quiet last time I was subscribed to it.
17
18 I still am. The last message is from last august. And that was about someone
19 wanting to unsubscribe the wrong way. The last proper message was from July
20 4th.
21
22 Paul
25 Paul de Vrieze