From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] No XFree86 w/ new license
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:04:27
1 On Thursday 19 February 2004 21:39, Jason Rhinelander wrote:
2 > Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 > > ...
4 > > We are seeking solutions/alternatives for this issue, so you can sit
5 > > back, relax and let us do the dirty work.
6 >
7 > For curiousity's sake (as I'm sure I'm not the only one curious), what
8 > alternatives are being considered, or possible/practicle?
9
10 Basically I expect someone to step up and announce a fork with new, better
11 procedures etc. At that point XFree might give in or the fork might continue
12 and XFree will get a life similar to that of X.org
13
14 Paul
17 Paul de Vrieze
18 Gentoo Developer