From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: linux-firmware
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 17:42:06
1 On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 12:32 PM, Diego Elio Pettenò
2 <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu> wrote:
3 > That being the case, splitting them in multiple packages might indeed be
4 > a better option. Yes I know I'm the one pushing for using a single
5 > package — as long as it doesn't have licensing issues of course.
6
7 Yup, a combined package that is fetch-restricted with 57 files in the
8 SRC_URI isn't really something that anybody would like.
9
10 Probably makes sense to have a few tiers:
11 1. Free
12 2. Non-free, but redistributable
13 3. Non-free, nonredistributable, but fetchable (maybe combine with #2)
14 4. Non-fetchable - do not combine.
15
16 Rich