From: Gustavo Felisberto <humpback@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo-sources-r9 kernel sources vs. XFS patch
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 04:37:30
1 > Why is it that the XFS patches from SGI (available at
2 > ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/download/patches/2.4.19) will not patch
3 > properly against the gentoo-sources kernel 2.4.19-gentoo-r2? 90% of the
4 > patch goes through but several hunks do fail. Which patch already in
5 > 2.4.19-gentoo-r2 is incompatible with XFS?
6 >
7 > A related question - why does the gentoo XFS-sources kernel source
8 > package not come with the preempt-ac patch? Is preempt incompatible
9 > with XFS?
12 Alot of people have been having serious problems with XFS (I am not off
13 them and have been using xfs in debian and gentoo for about one year now
14 in some 20 machines).
15 I have found somewhere a patches-2.4.19-gentoo-r10.tar.bz2 sized 2665464.
16 This patch applied to a clean 2.4.19 clean tree and had XFS and the other
17 gentoo patches that we are used.I have found this in a gentoo page
18 somewhere but cant remenber where (the EXTRAVERSION is rmap14b).
19
20 I know ALOT of people had problems after power failures with XFS, but i
21 have ups in my systems and had no problem. And i was a bit sad when the
22 gentoo people decided to remove XFS from gentoo-sources package.
23
24 Gustavo Felisberto