From: Mathijs Kwik <troxx@××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Linux 1.0_rc5 status update
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 16:43:49
1 Daniel and Achim and all other devs
2 tnx again
3 enjoy your vacation
6 ----- Original Message -----
7 From: "Daniel Robbins" <drobbins@g.o>
8 To: <gentoo-announce@g.o>; <gentoo-dev@g.o>
9 Sent: Monday, June 11, 2001 9:16 PM
10 Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Linux 1.0_rc5 status update
13 > Hi All,
14 >
15 > Well, Gentoo Linux 1.0_rc5 is around the corner, but first... we need a
16 > vacation. :)
17 >
18 > Achim has been working really hard on our Portage tree, and right now
19 > everything builds perfectly and all known build problems have been fixed
20 for
21 > our ~700 packages (Thanks Achim!). In addition, we now have a prototype
22 boot
23 > CD that actually works. So, we are _very_ close to the Gentoo Linux
24 1.0_rc5
25 > release; everything is falling into place.
26 >
27 > However, Achim is starting a new web company and has a lot of outstanding
28 work
29 > to complete; also, I have quite a few articles to write over here. So, in
30 > order to catch up on our consulting responsibilities, we'll be on
31 "vacation"
32 > from Gentoo Linux development for one week, starting today. We'll resume
33 work
34 > on Gentoo Linux one week from now, on June 18th. Since we have about one
35 week
36 > left of work before Gentoo Linux 1.0_rc5 is ready (mainly boot CD
37 refinements
38 > and package building), you can expect Gentoo Linux 1.0_rc5 to be released
39 very
40 > close to June 25th. This date should be fairly accurate, since 95% of the
41 > 1.0_rc5 work is already complete and is sitting on CVS, waiting to be
42 built.
43 >
44 > Developers:
45 >
46 > Achim has tagged all the 1.0_rc5 stuff, so you can continue making
47 improvements
48 > to CVS without worry. However, please try to hang out on #gentoo and
49 answer
50 > any gentoo-dev posts about your work (and any other questions, if you
51 can.)
52 >
53 > Best Regards,
54 >