From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] hardcoded PATHS in .ebuild
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 07:08:41
1 On Mon, 2001-09-24 at 14:58, Martin Schlemmer wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2001-09-24 at 14:25, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
3 > > Hi!
4 > >
5 > > I've brought up this issue before. The main reason for this is to be
6 > > able to say, I want all GNOME-stuff in /usr/local/gnome instead of
7 > > /opt/gnome (for example).
8 > >
9 > > However if we decide to move everything to /usr this won't be an issue
10 > > anymore.
13 > I know about that issue .. not entirely what i meant. Rather, if a app
14 > need to use the base dir for gnome, /opt/gnome as of current, why
15 > hardcode it into the ebuild as /opt/gnome, but not use $GNOME_PATH
16 > instead? If gnome need to be relocated in future, it will be much
17 > easier ....
20 So maybe i should read better the first time ... but I still think it is
21 a better practice now that all have to be changed anyhow ...
22
23 Greetings,
24 MS