From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: automatically mailing people on pkgcheck problems with their packages
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2015 16:00:57
1 On Sun, 6 Dec 2015 10:31:37 -0500
2 Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 12/06/2015 09:36 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
5 > >
6 > > So what do you think? Would it be fine to mail the package maintainers
7 > > whenever their packages break? Would it be a problem if I just CC-ed
8 > > all the maintainers on the gentoo-automated-testing mails?
9 >
10 > Of course. Add the commit author, too: I want to know if I break someone
11 > else's package.
12
13 So far, can't do that since we don't know which commit exactly broke. I
14 don't want to do any heuristics that could blame the wrong person.
17 Best regards,
18 Michał Górny
19 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>