From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Duplicate licences
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 13:42:31
1 On Saturday 21 January 2006 09:08, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > Were that the case, we'd do as Debian do and distribute a licence with
3 > every single package.
4
5 I bet there're more than a few ebuilds where this isn't the case. You can't
6 even blame anyone, since there's no proper licence section in the ebuild
7 howto or anywhere else in our documentation. And it is even worse: E.g. the
8 original ZLIB license file we've stored in the license directory names the
9 copyright holders of zlib, so basically we attribute every software with
10 LICENSE="ZLIB" in its ebuild to the authors of zlib.
13 Carsten