From: Joshua Jackson <tsunam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Unmasking modular X
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 04:53:58
1 Mark Loeser <halcy0n <at> gentoo.org> writes:
4 > Donnie Berkholz <spyderous <at> gentoo.org> said:
5 > > Jason Stubbs wrote:
6 > > > The patch now has the debugging output and x11-base/xorg-x11 check removed.
7 > >
8 > > Excellent. Works perfectly. Since we're failing on them, perhaps we can
9 > > say "obsolete" instead of "deprecated"?
10 >
11 > Can we put this back to being a warning? It makes things a pain for arch
12 > teams that are trying to mark a completely unrelated version of the package.
13 >
14 > Thanks,
17 I will have to agree that this change has made it a pain to mark anything
18 stable. I had 4 out of the 6 I did today bail out because of this. I took the
19 simple easy fix and removed the check to stabalize the packages I needed to. I
20 know we have people who want modular X yesterday, but causing trouble for dev's
21 going about business that doesn't involve the modular problems directly is only
22 going to cause resentment and frustration to all the teams involved.
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list