From: Stefan Schweizer <genstef@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Project Sunrise resumed
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 22:01:53
1 To my fellow Gentoo developers and users,
2
3 Sunrise is about contributing ebuilds and getting feedback and review while
4 doing so. The main resource this currently happens for is the Gentoo User
5 Overlay of Sunrise and second come ebuilds that get into portage afterwards
6
7 In last weeks council meeting [1] it was decided that the Sunrise project is
8 no longer suspended. I can give a short overview of the current status of
9 the overlay:
10
11 - we currently have 154 ebuilds in 58 categories in the overlay
12 not counting the ebuilds that got into portage and were removed again
13
14 - we have 8 developers, 4 trusted committers who have taken the ebuild quiz
15 and 26 users committing to the overlay
16
17 The basic project concept of creating a social workspace has been reached.
18 #gentoo-sunrise is an active IRC channel where users usually find help
19 quickly and it also forms a friendly community.
20
21 Best regards,
22 Stefan
23