From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Projects and simple guides
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 14:22:19
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 01:17 -0600, Lance Albertson wrote:
3 >
4 >>I understand the block was lifted for projects, but that doesn't mean
5 >>herds should all should fit underneath proj/. I think we should open up
6 >>a similar space just for herds.
9 > I think that would be a wonderful idea. What would we do about herds
10 > that are a project? Simply throw in a redirect under the herd name to
11 > the project name?
14 Unless they already reside inside the /proj level, I don't want to get
15 into the habit of managing a bunch of redirects. The key thing here is
16 that we have a clear place to look for such herds. If they are a
17 project, then keep them in the project area.
20 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
21 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
22
23 ---
24 GPG Public Key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
25 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
26
27 ramereth/irc.freenode.net