From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Alternative Gentoo package managers discussion request (for the council)
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 22:02:09
1 On Wed, 17 May 2006 17:38:45 -0400 Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | As the QA lead, I am requesting that until the Council convenes and
4 | decides on how we should proceed, that we not add anything else to
5 | the tree for the sole reason of supporting another package manager's
6 | features. This includes profiles or any other packages. This will
7 | reduce headaches for all of us, and hopefully cut down on needless
8 | arguments that get us no where.
9
10 Several arch teams have already stated their intention to go ahead with
11 a Paludis profile, be it top level (ideal) or as a subprofile of their
12 own individual profiles. Is there any technical reason that the QA lead
13 wants to override the arch teams' wishes?
16 Ciaran McCreesh
17 Mail : ciaran dot mccreesh at blueyonder.co.uk
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list