From: Collins Richey <erichey2@×××××.com>
To: gentoo <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] init script failures
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 15:37:33
1 I finally got around to cleaning up some of the ._cfg????_* files I
2 had from an emerge of (I presume) baselayout a few weeks ago.
3 Something is badly broken in the init scripts now.
4
5 1) When I boot, something is invoking depscan.sh and this script has
6 multiple problems. One, it's trying to invoke /usr/sbin/rc-update but
7 this program is /sbin/rc-update. (I added a symlink, but that doesn't
8 fix it). Two, a few dozen lines of error messages from rc-update
9 indicating that add option requires two parameters.
10
11 2) metalog and cupsd now say 'ok' but they don't really start.
12
13 3) since metalog didn't start, I get error messages at each login of a
14 user.
15
16 Everything else appears to work as normal, including the startup of
17 postgresql.
18
19 Any clues?
24 Collins Richey
25 Denver Area - 22DEC2001 - WWTLRD?
26 gentoo_rc6 k2.4.17+ext3+xfce+sylpheed+galeon