From: Marko Mikulicic <marko@××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Smalltalk/X
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 11:30:04
1 Hello,
2
3 I have I little problem creating the .ebuild file for Smalltalk/X.
4 The creator of that program distributes two packages, one named:
5 common.tgz and the other linux.tgz. The version of the package
6 is contained in the directory. (like:
7 http://www.exept.de/download/stx414/common.tgz)
8
9 Well, I have wrote the script like:
10
11 ...
12 S=${WORKDIR}/stx
13 A1=common.tgz
14 A2=linux.tgz
15 SRC_URI1="http://www.exept.de/download/stx414/${A1}"
16 SRC_URI2="http://www.exept.de/download/stx414/${A2}"
17
18 SRC_URI="${SRC_URI1} ${SRC_URI2}"
19
20 DEPEND="virtual/glibc virtual/x11"
21
22 #
23 src_unpack() {
24 unpack ${A1}
25 unpack ${A2}
26 }
27 ...
28
29 and it works. But it creates linux.tgz and common.tgz in
30 /usr/portage/distfiles and what is worse is first try to download
31 them from the mirror. How can I handle this, writing the fewest possible
32 hacks?
33
34 Thanks
35
36 Marko
39 PS: the software is free for non-commercial use, and probably the vendor
40 will not change it's distribution method. Since it's a rare commercial
41 product which doesn't require registration in ordere to download, it
42 would be sad if user should download it by hand and then
43 place it in /usr/portage/distfiles with a more appropriate name.