From: Brad Laue <brad@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o, gentoo-sparc@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] mozilla-1.41-r3 -- so, problems, but WHY remove the ebuild???
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 16:02:04
1 On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 07:40, Ferris McCormick wrote:
2 > This wasn't quite what I had in mind when I asked how you wanted to
3 > address an apparent problem with mozilla & garbage:
4 > (I understand these are probably unrelated problems: mozilla+garbage
5 &
6 > mozilla-stable-ebuild removed, but I can't resist suggesting a
7 > conspiracy...:-) .)
8
9 note to self: learn to hit 'reply to all'!
10
11 As vapier stated, the ebuild was removed because it is old. It is the
12 responsibility of each architecture maintainer to keep the mozilla
13 versions up to date.
14
15 I have asked repeatedly that people do this, as I do not have IA64,
16 SPARC, AMD64 or PowerPC systems available to me on which I can build and
17 test Mozilla out.
18
19 The userbase can help their respective architectures out by stating that
20 a specific version of Mozilla is serviceable on theirs, and ask to have
21 it marked 'arch' on their particular CPU type.
22
23 Brad
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list