From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] linux-2.6.12
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 05:09:40
1 On Saturday 18 June 2005 13:52, Andrew Muraco wrote:
2 > Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > >On Saturday 18 June 2005 12:22 am, Andrew Muraco wrote:
4 > >>Linux-2.6.12 is officially out according to kernel.org
5 > >>Just an FYI for you all, and the vanilla-sources maintainers :)
6 > >
7 > >/me looks around ... nope, this doesnt look like bugs.gentoo.org to me ...
8 > >-mike
9 >
10 > Im not expecting it to be added to the tree that quickly it hasnt even
11 > been officially announced, i just wanted to get an idea of what it has
12 > to offer once the articles start poping up :-P
13
14 As far as I know, the only official announcement is the one that goes out on
15 LKML. kernel.org is then updated some time after that. The ebuild for the
16 kernel is already in the tree and, according to posts I read on gentoo-user,
17 was in the tree before kernel.org was updated.
18
19 Regards,
20 Jason Stubbs