From: Sam Jorna <wraeth@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Allow variable refs in HOMEPAGE
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2017 23:11:10
1 On Thu, Aug 03, 2017 at 05:54:17PM +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > d. no random ${PN} all over the install phase.
3
4 I think some qualification of "random ${PN} all over the install phase"
5 needs to be made - how random is random, are there any allowed
6 instances?
7
8 AFAIK with the exception of some system-wide resources (eg. themes,
9 icons, fonts) packages installing to locations such as /usr/share and
10 /usr/share/doc should install to directories named after the package (as
11 in after ${PN} or ${PF}). This means, when writing src_install(), that
12 use of those variables would be necessary. Should we always use ${PF}
13 instead, or are some instances of ${PN} reasonable?
16 Sam Jorna (wraeth)
17 GnuPG Key: D6180C26