From: Ben Lutgens <blutgens@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] (no subject)
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 07:52:17
1 On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 12:18:57AM -0800, Max Whitney wrote:
2 >I am about to get a new computer on which I plan to run Gentoo. Will a nVidia GeForce2 MX200 32MB (or possibly 64 MB) with 4X AGP work without too much trouble in Gentoo? I gather that this is the case from the nvidia Troubleshooting Guide, but I want to be sure before I get one.
5 Yes, install X. Compile kernel without AGP or DRM support ( don't need it
6 so why compile it in, this is necessary but it makes sense.
7
8 Doaload nvidia GLX and NVidia kernel stuff from nvidia.com follow
9 instructions in readmes.
10
11 Cake.
14 And it works well too.
15
16 >Are both KDE and GNOME include on the binary CD? I can't find a package listing on the site. If so is it Ximian or regular Gnome?
17
18 Nope, it's not ximiaized.
19
20 >How long is 'forever' when compiling X and KDE? It dosn't matter much, but do you have any idea how long it might take on a 933 MHz system?