From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: converting copyright/license information in OpenRC
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 12:40:12
1 On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 6:43 AM, Alexander Berntsen <bernalex@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > I agree with Mike that this isn't kosher. It just isn't honest.
6 I don't really have a horse in this race, but I don't see how this is
7 dishonest. What is being proposed is moving from attribution
8 scattered all over the place to attribution in a single place. Nobody
9 who is credited in a file today wouldn't still be credited in the
10 proposed system. They'll just be credited side-by-side with everybody
11 else in once place.
12
13 I'm sure you'll be able to find somebody who will be offended if we
14 move their name from /src/a/b/randomfile to /AUTHORS but finding
15 people offended by things that happen with FOSS is pretty easy to do.
16