From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo theming during bootup
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 16:47:46
1 On Saturday 08 April 2006 00:52, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > highly suspect statements
3 >
4 > these states are all quite common ... trying to make some kind of
5 > supposition as to which is the most common is a waste of time
6
7 No. It's my opinion. Respect it, please. You don't have to agree.
8
9 > in my experience, from the many forms of Gentoo communication (real life,
10 > mailing lists, irc, forums, etc...):
11 > - quite common for people to be lazy and just use the default
12 > - quite common for people to change the default to their own thing
13 > - quite common for people to use just Gentoo themes where they can
14 >
15 > as long as people include Gentoo themes in packages for people to select,
16 > we should have pretty good coverage of everyone's needs
17
18 Well, if we end with some stuff not themed, some stuff themed, having it
19 applied by default as well as non-default, maybe even different looking
20 theming depending on the package, the result will suck.
21
22 Is it that hard to define a few goals, instead coming up with "ha, let's do
23 Gentoo themes" without having a clue about the conditions, what it should
24 look like and what the side-effects are!?
27 Carsten