From: Caleb Tennis <caleb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] tr1 dependencies
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 16:20:46
1 > * Hard dep upon boost. This sucks for g++-4.1 users.
2 >
3 > * Hard dep upon g++-4.1, which isn't available for all archs. This
4 > doesn't even work because there's no guarantee that >=4.1 is being used
5 > even if it's installed.
6
7 I don't think these are necessarily compatible. tr1 is implemented in the std::tr1,
8 while I think everything in boost is just in the boost namespace (unless this has
9 changed since I've used boost). This would mean that the project code itself would
10 have to have the logic to decide which set of headers to use. I'm guessing most
11 probably won't have the compatibility code to make that accessment, though some may.
12
13 Caleb
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list