From: Stephen Bennett <spb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 03:00:11
1 On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 01:15:22 +0100
2 Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > I think I'm too late for this month, but want to put it on the table
5 > before I forget about it. I'd appreciate a three months moratorium,
6 > disallowing everyone to add new packages to the tree (despite new
7 > dependencies of existing packages), so everyone is forced/asked to
8 > put his energy in existing ebuilds, especially unmaintained ones.
9 > Sort of spring-cleaning, because parts of the tree look like a dump.
10
11 And I'd like to propose disallowing everyone from proposing the wrong
12 solution to the wrong problem for the next three months.
13 --
14 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list