From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Autoinstalling dependencies using RC3
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 13:31:33
On Sun, Jan 14, 2001 at 09:58:29AM -0600, Brian Snipes wrote:
> > Are there any pkgmerge options or apps that will install dependencies if > needed when installing apps from the RC3 CD? > > Also - when I try to install Gnome, it asks for mc. When I try to > install mc it asks for virtual/x11-web-browser. What do I need?
You need to install something like netscape which will provide virtual/x11-web-browser. We're a bit behind in this area (we only have Netscape 4.75, not 6... and Mozilla M18 I think). If you want, just edit the ebuild to remove teh virtual/x11-web-browser dependency and try again.
I just fixed that so that it's dependent on >=qt-2.2.2, which will allow you to use a newer version. -- Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o> President/CEO Gentoo Technologies, Inc.