From: Nils Ohlmeier <lists@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Brandon Hale <tseng@g.o>, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] VoIP with VOCAL
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 16:35:46
1 On Friday 27 February 2004 02:32, Brandon Hale wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 17:58 -0500, Kevin wrote:
3 > > Is anyone working on an ebuild for this:
4 > > http://www.vovida.org/applications/downloads/vocal/?
5 >
6 > Just a little food for thought, not sure how much you've researched..
7 > Looking quickly at this app it seems totally focused on providing a VoIP
8 > gateway, which is cool, but not very real-world useful without POTS
9
10 If you are looking just for a free, more flexible and faster ;) SIP proxy
11 there is allready one in portage: the SIP Express Router (net-misc/ser).
12 (I did not submitted an ebuild for the latest version yet, because my last
13 version bump took more then 2 months until it was accepted.)
14
15 > (plain old telephone service) integration, except for personal via a
16 > software or hardware SIP phone to other VoIP enabled locations. If this
17 > is something you are interested, check out Asterisk, and opensource and
18 > multi-protocol VoIP ready PBX system with all the bells and whistles,
19 > including built in voicemail. This integrates with POTS and T1/E1
20 > hardware from Digium (digium.com) to provide real world integration
21 > between POTS and VoIP.
22
23 There is also a media server with ISDN gateway available for the SIP Express
24 Router, but i did not yet considered to submit an ebuild for that.
25
26 Greetings
27 Nils
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list