From: "Thomas Rösner" <Thomas.Roesner@××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Client-serve flags (again ;) (was Re: New eclass: gkrellm-plugin)
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 01:43:29
1 Hi,
2
3 Robin H. Johnson wrote:
4 > Of the mysql tarball (23Mb to start), a full 40% belongs to the
5 > testcases and the documentation that they ship. Another 8% for the
6 > modified copy of BerkDB that they ship, and only then do we start
7 > getting really useful things. 12% for the things unique to the server,
8 > and thereafter everything else is common or client-only.
11 Thanks for those numbers! So a server flag won't do much for dl in this
12 case, only for build time (and it'd install less unwanted stuff,
13 particularly in /etc). I guess MySQL isn't the poster child for the need
14 of a server flag, then :-).
15
16 Regards,
17 Thomas