From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 3D-3dfx-gaming
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:14:46
1 On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 01:55:33PM +0000, Djamil ESSAISSI wrote:
2 > Guys any clue on how to get voodoo3 working like it should be ?! tuxracer is at 1fps !
3 >
4 > I know i should be working ...
5
6 Well, quite a few of us use accelerated 3D with nvidia cards, but I
7 don't know of anyone actively using accelerated 3dfx video. You should
8 be able to find some kind of FAQ somewhere. The quick answer is that
9 you will need to enable "DRI" (Direct Rendering Infrastructure) in the
10 kernel and use tha appropriate Xfree86 driver. I'd check on 3dfx's site
11 for some kind of Linux driver FAQ.
12
13 Best Regards,
16 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>